Hello, I’m Chris Wiegman. I am a US software developer who has spent the bulk of my software career working on WordPress, specifically on the development experience of WordPress developers.
While I’ve been developing software professionally for the last 10 years, tech was not my first career. I turned to software and tech after a career that found me making money in music, education and even as an airline captain and flight instructor. In the process I’ve completed a degree in aviation management as well as a master’s degree in computer science, both from Southern Illinois University and I continue apply what I’ve learned both formally and through over 20 years of professional experience to help WordPress developers build the best sites they can.
While I have chosen to continue in roles primarily involving writing code, I am also an experienced manager and teacher where I’ve experienced decades of lessons learned managing my flight crew, my students and various teams under my employ. Today I combine all this experience to help drive high performing technology teams in the pursuit of products that are loved by users throughout WordPress and beyond.
A few of the more popular projects I’ve been involved with over the last decade include:
- WP Engine’s Atlas Content Modeler
- iThemes Security (Better WP Security) – Sold to iThemes
- Better Google Tasks – Project archived
- Primary Vagrant – Project archived
- WP Engine’s DevKit – Project cancelled
What I’m working on today
- Helping build the Atlas Content Modeler WordPress plugin for WP Engine
- Slowly moving my personal tech hardware back to Apple machines
- Reading as much as possible
- Trying to survive the Florida summer
- Writing posts for this site and others
Last updated 8 August, 2021